The global mCommerce sales are expected to surpass 693 billion U.S. dollars in 2019. The inclination of people towards mobile devices for shopping has given rise to mCommerce. Businesses need a mobile app to leverage the mCommerce growth. But, mobile apps come with the following challenges:
- Developers have to build different versions for Android and iOS and then have to follow a rigorous procedure to get the app published and updated on the app store.
- With 2.7 million apps on Google Play Store (as of June 2019) and 1.8 million apps on Apple’s App Store (as of the first quarter of 2019), it is quite challenging to get your app ranked in the app store.
- The cost and time of mobile application development are high.
Choosing a progressive web app over a mobile app can be a wise business decision. You can provide native-app like experience to customers by modifying your Magento website into a PWA. Magento PWA Studio provides a set of tools to develop, deploy, and maintain a PWA storefront on top of Magneto 2. With PWA, you are not required to build separate websites and applications across Android and iOS. You just need to write code once and then you can run this code anywhere.
2. Make Your Magento Website Easily Accessible Across Various Devices and Platforms
3. Your Magento Website Remains SEO-Friendly
Transformation of your Magento site into a PWA does not affect its SEO-friendliness, your web page is still indexable and crawlable. Progressive web apps are optimized for the high-speed and mobile site, which helps achieve a better ranking.
4. Make Your Magento Website Work Offline and Load Fast
PWAs load fast, thus improving conversion rates. All the essential components such as UI and core architecture get cached after the first page load and are stored in the local device. Your app just requires to retrieve new data instead of loading all the components again, during a subsequent launch. The best part of a PWA is, it allows your customers to access your catalog and shop even if the network conditions are unstable.
5. Engage Your Prospects with Push Notification
Like traditional apps, PWAs send push notifications to keep customers engaged with your Magento store. The Push Manager sends push notifications via an EventListener once the customer or visitor of your website provides consent to get notifications. PWAs provide real-time updates to customers on new arrivals, promotional offers, receiving orders, shipping status, etc. and keep them coming back for more purchases.
If you are also planning to convert your Magento store into a progressive web application, partner with an experienced Magento eCommerce development company to get the most out of PWAs’ capabilities for the growth of your eCommerce business.