Wondering what’s the purpose of mobile apps and how do apps help businesses? Read on!
Gone are the days when mobile apps were meant solely for big brands. Nowadays, mobile applications have become an integral part of businesses of all sizes and domains to drive engagement and create relevant experience for customers. A well-crafted app not only helps you gain traction but also adds to the overall value of your business.
Let’s take a look at why mobile apps are important for a business.
Advantages of Mobile Apps Over Websites
There are manifold mobile app development benefits for businesses – be it small business owners or large enterprises. Take a look at the impact of mobile apps on business over web development.
- According to a study, mobile users spend more time on apps than mobile websites.
- Usually, mobile apps are 1.5 times faster than mobile websites.
- In comparison to websites, it’s easy to deliver personalized experiences via mobile apps.
- Some mobile apps allow users to access the basic functionality and content even if they are offline. Websites lack this feature.
- You can code an app to leverage the features of a mobile device such as Camera, GPS, etc. It helps improve customer engagement and increase sales.
- The one-click buy and easy sharing features of mobile apps let your customers share the images of products to their friends which, in turn, improves your conversion rate.
If you are still not sure whether your brand needs a mobile app or not, read on this blog. Here, we have highlighted some signs that will help you understand why mobile apps are important in the modern business environment and decide if you must get a mobile application built for your business.
1. Does your competitor have a mobile app?
Perform a thorough competitive analysis to find out if your competitor possesses an app or not. If your competitor has an app, ascertain what features they are offering and how consumers are responding to their app. You can get the first-mover advantage by offering an app with improved and advanced functionalities that are missing in your competitor’s app.
On the contrary, if your competitor doesn’t have a mobile app, you can take the big leap by offering one.
2. Can an app helps you achieve your business goals?
A mobile app can bring in significant benefits if your core business objectives are – reduce costs, increase productivity, boost sales or improve brand awareness. Here is how a mobile application can help you attain major goals:
- Acquisition – You can get the contact information of the potential customers in exchange for the useful functionality provided in your app.
- Engagement – A mobile app lets you provide an omnichannel experience, in-app promotions and offers, and connect with your customers anytime and anywhere, thus driving customer engagement. In addition, you can build and fortify customer loyalty via mobile apps.
- Conversion – App uses real-time data of the customers and enable you to offer product suggestions and personalized promotions.