As Shell’s main focus is complete digital transformation with research and innovation many manual workflows are automated. Therefore, Shell wanted to digitize its equipment repair workflow since the following challenges were encountered with the manual workflow.
- Difficulty in maintaining and tracking the status of all the equipment repairs since they are recorded in hard copies.
- Repair logging forms are fixed and unable to change the form format frequently.
- High cost for printed versions of repair recording and other related resources required in manual workflow.
- Reduced productivity of employees since maintaining paper based repair logs consumes a huge amount of time.
Driving towards complete digital transformation is the key goal of Shell and currently investing largely on research and innovation to develop technology solutions. Therefore, automating equipment repair manual processes supported Shell to seamlessly manage and track equipment repairs and it also reduced the cost and wastage of paper. Furthermore, automated processes overtook recurring manual work of employees therefore it led to productivity of employees which can be used for effective and efficient work.
- Super Admin and Admin have the ability to manage users and equipment details.
- Designers have the ability to create repair workflows by creating specific checklists which are specific to certain equipment.
- Designers have the ability to create dynamic forms based on the type of the equipment repairs.
- Execution Engineers, Workshop Engineers, Workshop Users, Contractors, Discipline Engineers have the ability to create workpacks and record details about the equipment repairs.
- iPad/Tablet solution consists of minimum features which can be mainly used by Execution Engineers, Workshop Engineers, Workshop Users, Contractors, Discipline Engineers who are field level users.
- The iPad and Tablet users are able to perform all the activities in offline mode and data will be synchronized during online mode.
- iPad/Tablet users have the ability to scan the QR code of the work pack instead of entering the details manually.