Kumon continuously strives for achievements in the domain of education as a global leader in the industry.
In their journey towards ultimate success there are facing many challenges and below are few challenges which Kumon is facing currently.
- High competition in the e-learning industry is affecting Kumon since it mainly focuses on face to face teaching methodologies with the usage of paper based assignments.
- High cost for printed versions of assignments and compact disks for audio clips.
- Lack of collaboration between students and instructors while engaging in home based assignments.
- Instructors face difficulties in distributing paper based assignments and compact disks which includes audio clips for home based learning students.
Moving towards e-learning concepts while adhering to Kumon philosophy is the main goal of Kumon.
My Center and My Kumon apps supported Kumon to achieve the goals of reducing the wastage of paper and compact disks which includes audio clips and worksheets. Mobile apps improved effective and efficient collaboration among instructors and students. These mobile applications were considered as a significant milestone in their-learning journey.
- Users are able to view student details (Eg- Subjects assigned, Progress etc)
- Users are able to manage student accounts (Eg- Assign specific levels, subjects etc)
- Users are able to directly communicate with the students using the app
- Instructor specific content such as; Guidelines) are accessible through the app
- Users can access audio contents and worksheets through the application based on their specific subjects and assigned levels.
- The progress on each subject is available in the application.
- Users are able to manage Instructors, Centers , Subjects specific to a country
- Users are able to upload content accessible by students and also the content accessible by the instructors.
- Reduction in use of paper and compact disk which resulted in reduction of overall cost and increased net profit.
- Increased in productivity of both Instructors and Assistant due to reduction of ad-hoc manual work.
- Faced Covid-19 situation successfully by providing a better platform for the students to continue on their studies and the closure of centers did not affect the overall business due the e-learning mobile platform.